All shows start at 6:30pm. Regular admission is $5 per person or your Parkway Season Ticket. Ages 5 & under are FREE. Unless noted, all performances are on Thursday nights!
- 10/12 - Opening Collage Show (all departments)
- 11/2 & 3 - 8th Grade Drama – Guys and Dolls Jr. (Thursday & Friday night)
- 11/29 - Thespians Showcase “Parkway Potpourri ‘17” (Wednesday)
- 12/1-2 - District Thespian Festival at American Heritage School
- 12/7 - Holiday Show (all departments)
- 1/25 - 7th Grade Drama / 8th Grade Drama Guys and Dolls Jr. BENEFIT SHOW - $20 per person
- 2/1-4 - Florida State Jr. Thespian Festival in Orlando, FL
- 2/15 - 6th Grade Drama
- 5/16 & 17 - Spring Musical – The Addams Family Musical (Wednesday & Thursday)
Theatre Program Audition Info:
- Select from the in-boundary or out-of-boundary buttons above to apply online by Feb. 7th. Select in-boundary if Parkway is your hone school. Select out-of-boundary if you live anywhere else in Broward County. Make sure you use a valid email address & phone number.
- Send your child's most recent FSA scores and report card to the Demographics & Student Assignments Department by Feb. 7th. Contact them with any questions at 754-321-2480, Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (In-boundary score reporting instructions are at the button above.)
- All applicants will receive an email and/or phone call with their audition appointment.
- Theatre audition requirements: Students should prepare EITHER 2 short, contrasting monologues (about a minute each) OR
1 one-minute monologue AND 30 seconds of a musical theatre style song. Instrumental accompaniment tracks for songs are preferred, but students may sing a cappella (without music) if necessary.
- Parents - please bring 2 proofs of Broward County residency to your child's audition appointment (ie. driver's license, electric bill, water bill, lease agreement, voter registration).
About the Theatre Program
Parkway's very active theatre program trains students in the fundamentals of theatre, from basics in acting, theatre history and technical theatre skills through advanced character development, text analysis, management, design and directing. Over the three year curriculum, students will build their individual skills and learn to work as a functioning theatre ensemble. Topics explored include, but are not limited to, acting, directing, playwriting, theatre history, technical theatre, theatrical design & management, and musical theatre. Students are actively engaged through classwork, co-curricular production experiences, and extra-curricular involvement in the International Thespian Society. Through the Thespian program, students participate at the district, state, and national level, where they have earned top honors on numerous occasions.
Parkway's Junior Thespian Troupe 88050 is a very active award-winning thespian troupe, participating in district, state & national assessments. Follow us on Facebook via our POPP boosters' page Parkway Players @poppfans
About Theatre Director Ms. Barbara Krantz
Barbara is a South Florida native, and an alumnus of Parkway Middle SOTA. She attended The University of West Florida, where she earned her BFA in Musical Theatre. After college, she worked as a freelance acting teacher across South Florida, teaching classes at Broward Community Schools and private studios. With a Masters Degree in Actor Training and Coaching from The Royal Central School of Speech and Drama in London, England, she returned home and continued teaching across the county when the opportunity came to join the incredible faculty and staff at Parkway Middle SOTA. In her spare time, Barbara enjoys visiting with her niece and 4 nephews, doing yoga and taking her German Shepherd Kasey on walks.